Saturday, August 18, 2007

Back To the Porch

Things are turning around now. Today, we put in replaced three posts. The existing posts were just channels. They were holding the roof up but were slipping forward. They rested on top of the railing, which rests on the deck, which rests on the foundation. That's too many points to slip, so putting posts from deck to roof removes one flex point. Here are some pictures of the work as it was being done. First, we propped up the roof and removed the first one.

Then we replaced and reinforced the wood underneath, which was largely rotted, to hold the new post.

Cara cuts a 2x4...
Here is the last of three posts, removed.

The three posts are all in.

No comments: