Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cupboard Doors

I am no finish carpenter, and I don't have a great eye for detail or "the final product." But I get by.

I made the cupboard frame, so I had to make the doors, too. I took some 1"x2"x8' pine and cut a                              groove along one egde, cut the pieces to the dimensions of the door, then mitered them. For the center of the door, we used composite board. We painted them to look like the ceiling.


I nailed the boards to the back face of the door, put corner brackets, hinges, and handles on. 

Here's the first one in place. I use clamps to hold the door in place and also to put a spacer in at the bottom to  show me where the bottom should rest.

The final look. 

Jenn's coming up with the cupboard idea did us a major favor. We have a small bedroom, if you haven't noticed. We had our "stuff" jammed all over the place and it was very cramped in here before we renovated. Now we can store extra clothes, camera stuff, whatever in the area above our heads, which otherwise would be entirely wasted.

2 comments:

Poopoo said...

Nice work, man.

Anonymous said...

how to unlock iphone 4
unlock iphone 4
unlock iphone 4

http://www.shatterbox.com/video/max-and-jason http://www.columbusneighborhoods.org/content/summer-fun-events-columbus?page=1
So I was surfing the internet like I usually do and suddenly Google Chrome shuts down. Now this program called "Antivirus Live" appears to have installed itself. Now as a limited user on this computer, I have no idea this program got in since I can't download anything anyway. I have gotten its counterpart, Antivirus 2008 before and successfully removed it as a limited user but this one is proving to be a challenge. And I do have security, Mcafee, but it falls short when removing malware. Would any of you happen to know how to get rid of this foul program using a limiter user account?
iphone 4 unlock how to unlock iphone 4

how to unlock iphone 4 [url=http://unlockiphone44.com]how to unlock iphone 4[/url] unlock iphone 4 iphone 4 unlock