Sunday, June 1, 2008

Crowning Achievement

We put up all the crown molding in Cara's room today. As if figuring the inside corner bevels and mitres wasn't enough, we had one outside corner to contend with.


I got caught admiring our work.

More lessons learned about crown molding - instead of turning 16' pieces of stock around in a 15' room, you can turn the mitre saw around. Also, make your master cuts and keep them near all the time. Label them well.

We have a DeWalt compound mitre saw but it does not do double beveling; additionally, no laser sighting. If I had my way I'd have paid the extra $100 for a Hitachi with double-beveling, greater granularity on the angle selection and accuracy, and the laser site. I had a very nice Hitachi a few years ago, but that was lost to my ex.

No comments: